Superfoods are those which are high in nutritional density. Foods labeled as a superfood typically provide more nutrients, fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, or other elements that have the things that your body needs to stay healthy.
They are simply the healthiest foods known to modern nutritional science. Some potential benefits of superfoods include:
- High levels of antioxidants
- Fiber to stimulate good gut health
- Weight loss
- Inflammation reduction
- High blood pressure reduction
- Reduction of the risk of diabetes
- Reduction of risk of some cancers
We all want to eat as healthy as possible, but what foods fall under that ‘superfood’ category? Can you only eat superfoods to get a complete nutritional picture? Here’s what you need to know.
Can I Just Eat Superfoods?
No single ‘superfood’ will provide everything for our daily nutritional needs. There is nothing that can substitute for a healthy, balanced diet. Our bodies need protein, leafy vegetables, fruits, grains, and proteins in the right proportions every day in order for us to maintain good health.
What Foods are
There are more superfoods than you might think, and not all of them are exotic! Some superfoods include:
- Fish – Salmon, Cod, Tuna
- Vegetables – Broccoli, Sweet Potatoes, Kale, Avocado, Wheatgrass, Beets, Mushrooms
- Seaweeds like Spirulina
- Organ Meats
- Berries – Aronia Berry, Strawberries, Raspberries, Goji, Acerola, and Blueberries
- Fruits – Apples, Oranges, Kiwi Fruit, Banana, Peach, Papaya, Pomegranate, Mango
- Spices – Turmeric, Ginger, Cinnamon, Garlic
- Nuts – Almonds, Flax Seed, Walnuts, Pistachios, Pecans
- Green Tea
You can find many of the foods listed above in the Mediterranean and the DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diets, both of which favor plant-based elements over animal products.
What Makes These
Superfoods so Healthy?
Each superfood has its own benefits. To dig into all of them would make this a much longer article! Here are some highlights:
- Fish is high in Omega 3s, 6s, and 9s, which can help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Leafy green vegetables are excellent sources of vitamins A and C and contain surprisingly high calcium levels.
- Sweet potatoes have lots of potassium and are a good source of Vitamins A and C without increasing your blood sugar.
- Mushrooms such as shitake, portobello, button, and oyster varieties contain Vitamin A and fiber and can reduce inflammation in the body.
- Seaweed and sea vegetables contain high levels of Vitamin K, iodine, folate, fiber, and antioxidants.
- Berries and apples contain natural sugars and are excellent sources of antioxidants and fiber.
- Bananas are rich in fiber and potassium.
- Goji Berries are loaded with antioxidants and beta-carotene and have been used throughout Asia for over 2,000 years to promote good eye health.
Can I Eat a
You can, but it’s hard to make it affordable to eat superfoods alone. Many of the rarer items, like goji berries, can’t be found in many stores. Plus, with today’s hectic schedules, it’s easy to miss out on getting a balanced meal or eat foods that are less nutritious simply for convenience’s sake.
That’s where taking a daily superfood supplement can come in. For those times when you cannot make time for a healthy meal or know that your diet falls short of being nutritious, a daily superfood supplement can help.
- Display 3 Products per page
Introducing Sir Jason Winters
Sir Jason Winters International is proud to announce the latest addition to our collection of nutritional supplements, our Jason Winters Royal Crest Superfood Gummies.
Each of our delicious, naturally fruit-flavored gummies are made with many of the superfood fruits and gives a boost of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Zinc.
Besides vitamins, our superfood blend adds the power of many of the superfood fruits like acai berry, acerola cherry, European gooseberry, pomegranate, and goji berries. These all have micronutrients your body will love!
Each of our gummies only contains just grams of sugar. Just one or two gummies each day or as directed by your doctor or other healthcare professional can help make up for where your daily diet might be lacking.
Now, for a limited time, you can get our Sir Jason Winters Superfood Gummies at fantastic savings. Our 60-count bottle of Superfood Gummies is regularly priced at $24.50. You can get an entire month’s supply for just $9.95 for each bottle! You will want to order additional bottles with savings like this!
Once this introductory offer is no longer available, you can continue to save 5% off our regular-priced Superfood Gummies through our convenient subscription service.
Whether you wish to receive your gummies bi-weekly or monthly, we will safely deliver them to your home, office, or wherever you are. Just provide us with your email, payment information, and address, and we’ll take care of the rest.
Now that the holidays are upon us, you can give yourself and those you love the gift of good nutritional health with Sir Jason Winters’s complete line of Gummies!
Note: This product contains coconut oil. Do not take it if you are allergic to coconut or other types of tree nuts. Please read our website’s label or product description to determine any potential allergens.
Disclaimer: The statements made in this blog have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Please note that all information provided on this website is not intended to recommend, diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any medical condition or to replace the advice of a doctor or other qualified healthcare professional. Take only as directed.
Do not exceed the recommended dose of this or any other Sir Jason Winters product. Keep all dietary supplements out of the reach of children.
Hill, Ansley. “16 Superfoods That Are Worthy of the Title.” Healthline. Healthline Media, 09 July 2018. Web. 31 Oct. 2022.
McManus, Katherine D. “10 Superfoods to Boost a Healthy Diet.” Harvard Health. 03 Oct. 2022. Web. 30 Oct. 2022.
Mindell, Earl, and Hester Mundis. Earl Mindell’s New Vitamin Bible. New York: Grand Central Life & Style, 2011. Print.